05/05/2016

Simplifying Popup Design


As mentioned in previous post, I'm struggling with some of the pop-ups I initially wanted to create because they are just too complicated for me right now. I took some popup books out from the library and decided to look at simpler mechanisms and use them to inspire the pages I'm struggling with. The compositions in these pages have been simplified a whole lot, making the main images a lot bolder - which is a good thing as it gives the pages a central focus and it's a lot easier for the eye to read - especially for children.


I'm beginning to feel really nervous as time is really catching up with me! I've moved my printing slot to the 10th, so hopefully I'll be more ready by then. I'll be using a similar process as my CoP3 project to create my illustrations for my pop up book - this is because I know the process really well and I can complete 2 pages of illustrations in a day, so hopefully that is enough time to finalise my designs before the 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment