07/05/2016

Finalising Artwork!


Started digitising the artwork for my pop-up book today - finally!
I decided to try out a different-ish colouring style for this. I usually go straight to the shapes without outlining them, but I really enjoyed working with line for my ayasoB brief and wanted to use it again for this. I actually really like the outcome - looks more graphicy but I think it makes the artwork bolder and I think would work well for my book and the audience it's for!


Also decided to see how the text would look with it, so I did a little layout mock up and I like itttttt! The added handwritten type makes everything look less static. I've also decided that I'm making my page spreads a couple of centimetres bigger (35cm x 25cm when opened) than my dummy one because I feel that this is a nice size to hold and carry. I'm also going to keep the 'background' for this one fairly simple because this page introduces the character so I want the focus to be on the popup.

Here's another page! Really enjoying this!

No comments:

Post a Comment