17/05/2016

Mishaps

Finally finished all 8 pages yesterday! I thought I would be done with it friday/saturday but it turned out I was being too ambitious, because it turns out I can't work that fast! Overall I'm really pleased with what I've produced, however there are some slight issues with the product:


On my second run to the print room - to print the other half of my book, the pages seem to be be slightly smaller than the first half I printed even though I've set the document size and everything else identical to the others - so thats a real bummer. Also, I stuck on some of the tabs incorrectly (see second pic) so I had to pull them off carefully, however it still left some glue residue on there. I decided to just cover them up with some excess paper because I can't afford to print again as I've still got plenty of work waiting for me to complete for the submission!


Another problem is that I miss calculated some of the pieces so they ended up slightly bigger than the page and actually poke out when closed (see pic 3) - But now that I have this copy, I would be able to reproduce the book and make adjustments accordingly. Just when I thought I wouldn't run into anymore troubles, I ran into another annoying matter; I used some white tack from the studio to stick the corners of the page down to the table so that it would lay flat as I photographed - it looked good like this (see in embedded issuu below) however this was not a good idea as I couldn't get the tack off the paper after I was done with it! (see pic 4). I ended up having to have my hand in the other photos keep the pages open - which makes it harder to use the camera! so forgive me if the pictures don't look as good.


No comments:

Post a Comment