22/04/2016

Tutorial

In sum, I'm now feeling a bit more confident about my FMP. The thing with me is that I tend to overcomplicate things and sometimes its just better to keep it simple! Initially I was going to create a 2 in 1 book and play mat, but now I am just creating a pop-up book as the main product. In my previous tutorial with Fred, he said that there is no reason why I can't keep my story simple. If the whole point of the project is to show my character design skill and that I can create amazingly crafted children's pop-book - then I should concentrate on the craft and the image making. So, I am going to use the really simple story I've written before and just go ahead with that! - But see what Teresa thinks of it first.

I'm glad that I didnt just talk about my FMP but also the concern I have with the time to complete my Brief 4 (papercut portraits). In the tutorial I was suggested to mock up the product instead of trying to complete it all (even though Fred said the opposite in my previous tutorial - but I don't feel this is possible really, sorry Fred, I need to go against you this time). The reason for this is to allow more time for me to solve my FMP project as this should be the thing that really wows everyone. Also, with the Brief 4 project I've already shown that I can make images with the papercutting process - it wouldn't be wise to spend the time I have left of this module basically repeating myself and not show the other skills I can do. I will complete the portraits after submission instead (incase I want them to go in the End of Year Show).

No comments:

Post a Comment