26/04/2016

Contextual Ref: Matthew Reinhart


This is one of the pop-up books I found in Waterstones, which I really loved! (not because I'm disney biased, obviously) and is SO expensive, but I can understand why - I watched a video where Robert Sabuda (another paper engineer) explained his process + the manufacturing process of his books, which is where I learnt that pop up books are assembled all by hand - no machine is involved when it comes to this bit. 

Anyway, my most favourite thing about Reinhart's book is the incorporation of another pop-up within a pop up, which is something that I'm gonna try and do too with at least one of my pop-ups! I think this book is one that I'm going to be referencing back to a lot because I feel that some of the paper engineering here will work well for my book too (with a little bit of modification, of course).


No comments:

Post a Comment