31/03/2016

Contextual Ref: Ingela P Arrhenius

After the progress surgery with Fred, I've been thinking of ways I can make a game out of my paper cut characters. At first, I wanted to make a completely new game, inspired by things that happen in the illustration studio - e.g. finding out who stole the wacom pens (I had something like cluedo in mind), situations that are completely unique to our studio - but this would require sooooooo much more time to plan AND execute, which I don't have because I still my Final Major Project to do (which I haven't done much of since the tutorial w Fred, which absolutely worries me!).

Then I came across Ingela's memory card game set. I LOOOOOOOVE illustrations that are inspired by mid-century design! So when I saw this, I was instantly intrigued! Even though it isn't a completely new type of product, it is absolutely lovely. I love the shapes, the colours, I would buy it because of the 50s/60s design feel of it. Now I want to make a card matching game too! This wouldn't really require me to make new imagery - just another format to present what I have already - which is what Fred wanted me to do.

The square format also fits perfectly with the paper cut characters I've produced already! 
IT'S MEANT TO BE.

No comments:

Post a Comment